What is it?
The Good Garage Scheme is synonymous with trusted local garages, be it for a service, repair or MOT.
Run by Forté, each Good Garage Scheme member adheres to a strict Code of Conduct and in November 2010, they reported that there are more than 3,000 garages part of the scheme.
What does it mean to be a member?
1) To provide full business details to the Good Garage Scheme administrators including ownership, premises, staffing and trade activities.
2) To demonstrate a commitment to deal with customers fairly, courteously and in keeping with good business practice.
3) To notify customers before work is undertaken if the business does not accept particular forms of payment.
4) To deal with complaints from customers within 2 weeks of receiving a complaint.
5) To make parts replaced during service or repair available for inspection by the customer.
6) To comply with the Industry Standard Service checklist on all services and include products that remove contamination.
7) To provide a completed service checklist following the service.
8) To offer the customer a feedback leaflet.
9) To provide the customer with a Good Garage Scheme service record.
10) To display in a prominent position the Good Garage Scheme Code of Conduct.
Don’t just take our word for it
As part of the Code of Conduct, each garage offers each customer a feedback leaflet about their experiences. It is through this that we find out how they rated us. At Volante we are very proud to say that 99.5% would recommend us and would visit us again.
You can read customer testimonials on the Good Garage Scheme’s page about Volante Garage Edmonton.
So if you want a local garage that you can trust, book your car in for a service or MOT at Volante Garage Edmonton.