What should you keep in your boot in case of breakdown?
2009 saw the last bad winter. Named the Big Freeze, people were stuck on the roads in snow storms over-night. So it’s sensible to carry some essentials in the boot. Just in case!
- Shovel for snow or muddy conditions
- A torch
- Blankets for keeping warm
- Hi-vis vests for your own safety at the side of the road
- Spare food and drink supplies
- De-icer and scraper
- Shoes or boots in case you need to walk to safety
- Finally, keep a mobile phone fully charged! It’s an idea to keep a pay as you go phone just for emergencies.
Other helpful advice
Of course, you are always covered with car insurance but at this time of year comprehensive breakdown cover is important. Just for that peace of mind that you don’t get stranded somewhere. Check your policy and add it if necessary. Oh, and carry the breakdown number with you at all times.
So keep safe on the roads this winter.